Friday, April 6, 2018

Bacon Lovers Beware!

As a person who buys, cooks and loves bacon this recent discovery has me feeling sad! I was making some good ole homemade macaroni and cheese with bacon the other day and I found someone shrunk my bacon! I guess it's more of what they call down-sizing but either way it's still shrunk! My beloved pack of bacon went from a plump 16 ounces to a measly 12 ounces overnight. Well I'm sure it took more time than overnight but it sure felt that way. It seems like half the bacon is gone! I know a lot of companies do this to 'keep the costs' down. Honestly I'd rather pay a little more for a full slab of bacon that I'm used too, than pay the same amount for less! The brand of this bacon was Gwaltney, a brand that I use all the time. I haven't checked to see if the other national brands have shrunken as well but you can bet while I'm grocery shopping next time I'll be looking!

What have you noticed that has downsized lately? Has your bacon shrunk in your area too? I can't say I'll be buying less bacon since I love it so much but I can safely say I'll be checking the packages a little more closely!

No comments:

Post a Comment