Monday, August 30, 2021

General Tso's Chicken

One of my favorite dishes when eating out is General Tso's Chicken. I wanted to try my hand at making this dish to see if I liked it just as much at home. My local grocery store only had the Iron Chef brand of General Tso's sauce, so that's what I used. This easy and delicious recipe is something that I have really enjoyed making and eating! Here's the recipe:

3 Chicken boneless skinless chicken breasts cubed

1 Cup Milk

1/2 Tsp. Paprika

1 3/4 Cup Flour

1/2 Tsp. Salt

1/2 Tsp. Paprika

1/4 Tsp. Pepper

1/8 Tsp. Parsley Flakes

1 Tbsp. Butter

1 Bottle Iron Chef's General Tso's Sauce

Add cubbed chicken, milk and paprkia to a medium sized bowl. Soak in fridge for two hours. Drain the liquid after the two hours and set aside. Mix flour and spices in a large bowl. Toss the chicken in the flour to coat. Heat oven to four hundred degrees. Place a 13x9 baking dish in the oven with the tablespoon of butter to melt. Once melted add the flour coated chicken and place in a single layer in baking dish. Bake for twenty five minutes, turning halfway through baking time. Remove from oven and add the bottle of Iron Chef General Tso's sauce. Toss to coat well. Put back in the oven for an additional five minutes. I served with white rice.

Find us on Facebookand Twitter for more recipes, travel, tips, tricks and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment