Wednesday, November 8, 2017

November Fishing In Cedar Key

As the weather gets a little cooler in Florida the fishing starts to turn on! We went out a few times over the last weekend, fishing the low tide in-shore. My husband and I walked out with our mud boots on a mud flat and fished the deeper water off the flat. The Redfish were on fire! We caught a few spotted sea trout as well. We were using live mud minnows that we caught as bait.

I caught my biggest Redfish to date, outdoing my previous Cedar Key Red. This guy was too big to take home for dinner and was put back in the Gulf of Mexico to get a little bigger. My husband also caught a few over-sized Reds that also went back into the water.

Even if the fish aren't biting it's still not a bad day when you are surrounded by Florida's natural beauty. Getting out at low tide and seeing the bird's feeding, mullet jumping and checking out the critters from the water is my idea of a great day. Add a few nice fish and it's heaven! So get out there and cast a line, the fishing is turning on!

No comments:

Post a Comment