Monday, September 18, 2017

Re-Purpose A Dining Room Table

I had a dining room table problem in that I had too many! When I first moved into my rental house two years ago I didn't have any table. Eventually my dad gave me a round table that had belonged to my grandparents. It wasn't anything special but it worked. Then one day we were all out at yard sales and we found a great wooden square table with two benches. It was only $40! Not too long after that my husband's Aunt was moving and gifted us with her dining room table that I absolutely loved. Then my father in law got sick and moved in with us. He gave us his house because he couldn't keep up with it anymore and it needed a lot of work. So my husband and I spent all Summer fixing it up.

Guess what was in that house? Yep, you guessed it..another table! This one was special though, because it was solid wood and had been around the whole twenty one years that I've been with my husband. I also had seen the same table in family photos of my husband when he was young. So I didn't want to just get rid of it. There was a spot in the house between the washer and dryer and the pantry. It was the perfect fit for half the table! So we took the table apart, painted half of it and then attached it to the wall. It's going to serve as my desk/folding clothes area. I can pay bills there, look up recipes, plan grocery lists etc. I am hanging a frame around a cork board so I can attach my bills that are due, memories, recipes, invitations or anything else! We are going to take the other half of the table turn it into a TV stand. It was a great way to re-purpose a beloved item in a different way.

Find us on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment