Friday, June 23, 2017

Potato Peeling Clean Up Hack

I peel a lot of potatoes in my house, not to mention all the other stuff I peel! Cleaning up after those peels can be a real pain in the bottom. You could use a bowl but who wants to wash anymore dishes then you have too? I've tried peeling right over the trash can but that never seems to work out very well. I end up picking peels off the floor and that sure isn't saving me any time or aggervation. I have a simple solution for you and it's super easy and you probably already have the solution in your house.
It's a plastic shopping bag! Plastic shopping bags seem to be everywhere. I try and use re-usable bags most of the time but we still end up with a pile of bags. I use them as garbage can liners for the bathrooms and a few other things but this might be my favorite use for them. Just lay the bag out on your counter or in the sink and peel whatever your peeling right over the bag. This makes clean up a breeze, just fold up the edges and carry to the compost bin or the trash can. Couldn't be easier!
Thanks for stopping by Things I Never Learned From My Mom! We'd love to hear any of your favorite tips or ticks to make your life easier!

No comments:

Post a Comment