Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Flea Market Treasures

One of my favorite things to do on the weekend is to stroll around a flea market or thrift store looking for treasures. I love old things and learning about the history of an item. You just never know what you are going to find out there in the land of thrift and finds. I've managed to decorate a lot of my house with these interesting items I find.

This pewter flask I found at a local flea market, on the table of an older gentleman. He had all sorts of old items but this thing caught my eye right away. Mostly because it had my name engraved on it already! Amanda is a pretty common name but I can never seem to find it on any of those trinkets that are personalized like keychains you see while on vacation. So finding this was a real treasure.

This pewter flask is pretty heavy for it's size and is really unique. It has a beautiful border around the front with my name, Amanda, right in the center, in an Old English font. The back is curved to fit your hip or thigh I imagine, I'm not much of a flask user. The back is stamped in small print 'Royal Selangor' and after a Google search I found they were still making flasks today. They were founded way back in 1885 though, which means they've been making flasks an awful long time!

I was able to snag this awesome personalized flask for $7.50 a steal compared to what they sell for new or used! I have it displayed on a bookshelf in my living room so I can enjoy it all the time. It's not everyday that you wander through a flea market and find something with your name already on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment