Monday, June 19, 2017

Why Are There So Many Litterbugs?

It's hard to go outside any more without be bombarded by bugs, Litterbugs! The fact is we only get one planet Earth and we seem to be trashing it at an alarming rate. I was taught by my mom and dad to 'take only pictures, leave only footprints' and that is something I follow and teach my daughter as well. When I'm out and about traveling around or even just walking the dog I pick up trash that I see laying around. In this picture I found an aluminum can and a cookie wrapper. If we all just pitched in and picked up trash we saw imagine what a difference that would make. Aren't those images of all the plastic trash washing ashore on beautiful beaches tragic? Well the good news is we can do something about it.

There are plenty of things in life we can't change but the amount of trash in our neighborhoods can be reduced. You can help and you can teach your children to help. If you really want to get involved you can get your community to have a trash pick up day. It's also as simple as while you are out walking the dog to bring a little bag and pick up any trash you find. I don't know about you but I sure don't like driving down my street and seeing litter laying everywhere and we all know it isn't good for the enviroment.

So if we can't change the fact that people will litter, dogs will knock over trash cans and the wind will scatter it around, we can all pitch in to help keep our Earth a little cleaner. How about we all commit to picking up the trash we see in our daily lives? You don't even have to go out of your way, even just the walk from work to your car you'd be sure to find some trash. Pick it up, snap a picture and share on social media. Let's get something that is important and easy to change go viral instead of some of the other 'garbage' that get's so much attention. Get your friends and family to help as well. Share your trash pick up pictures with the hashtag: #LitterPatrol! We can 'Be the Change' and we can help to keep our Earth clean!

No comments:

Post a Comment