Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Natural Mosquito Ideas

Living in Florida and enjoying the outdoors I see my fair share of mosquito's and other biting bugs. Sometimes it seems like everything in Florida wants to eat you! It's a beautiful place though, so I look to find ways to keeps the bugs off while I'm outside enjoying all that Florida has to offer. There are tons of bug repellants on the market and most of them contain some pretty nasty chemicals that you probably wouldn't want to put on you or your developing children. They are making some natural replellants now and that is a great solution.

I love essential oils and have been using them for years. One of my favorite essential oils is Tea Tree Oil. It can be used for all sorts of things and I always have some in the house. I like to use Organic Tea Tree oil but use what you like. You shouldn't apply essential oils directly to the skin, I like to add drops of the tea tree oil to a small spray bottle with bottle for my mosquito repellant. It's safe to spray on your dogs too and can help keep ticks off as well. Bring some along next time you go camping.

Citronella is another great way to get rid of mosquitos. If you have a green thumb you can grow your own but if not you can always get the oil or any of the products they have on the market to keep those bugs at bay.

It's a good idea to check your yard for anything that can breed mosquito's as well. They carry all sorts of nasty things including the most recent Zika virus. It's great to get out and enjoy the outdoors but don't forget to take care to not get bit up by bugs and dont' forget your sunscreen!

No comments:

Post a Comment